ShadowCat Services, Inc is a husband/wife owned and operated Deland based Land Management and Land Clearing company. When you work with us, you only work with the owners, Sherri or David, and no one else, so you have a "one voice" company vs others who have multiple employees, sales people, work crews, etc. ShadowCat Services works in all locations in Volusia, Lake, Flagler, Marion, Putnam, Brevard, Orange, Duval, Osceola, Sumter, and Seminole counties. If outside these counties, please still call as ShadowCat has traveled farther to job locations if the job is large enough.
QR Code Link to This Post
ShadowCat specializes in thinning out, or "opening up", heavily wooded property, using a Cat316 Forestry mulcher. Combined with ShadowCat's 2021 Caterpillar 289D3 machine, nothing stops the process. The 289D3 is the perfect machine... smaller machines cannot run a forestry mulcher effectively whereas larger machines cost way more to hire and they do not have maneuverability to move between trees which means your property will effectively be bulldozed vs selective mulching! Large machines weigh more and cause damage to the ground compared to a compact track loader. Large machines are great for site developers clearing land for subdivisions, but why should a private property owner pay big bucks for overkill? By opening up overgrown properties, customers are able to see and walk their properties, list the property for sale at a higher price, or just enjoy a more park like setting. Taking a property from "unwalkable" to "park like" is what we love to do and the results are what drives us on each job!
The process of Forestry Mulching puts nutrients back into the soil and avoids unnecessary hauling expenses. The result will be mulch that is somewhat mixed with the dirt which can then have grass planted over it, or you can just let nature do it's thing and grow a nice natural ground cover. Forestry mulchers are mainly used on heavy brush to small trees but can do various overgrowth. ShadowCat sold our bushhog as it cannot compete in anyway with the forestry mulcher as far as quality of finished product goes. A bushhog should not be used on small trees or larger as the results will be very messy looking with large shredded pieces vs a forestry mulcher's fine mulch. Bushhogs will shred trees, leaving large pieces laying around whereas a forestry mulcher creates mulch as it goes. Use the right tool, and the right size tool, for the job.
ShadowCat has various attachments to use use including the Cat 316/FAE forestry mulcher, debris grapple, root grapple, land leveler, and bucket so most land clearing or grading obstacles are no issue. We own all of our equipment, so our company is not beholden to the rental market and we do not pass along the rental cost to our customers. If you talk to a contractor who rents their equipment, consider how dedicated they are to the industry and what type of skill set they have developed as a part time renter of equipment. Would you hire a mechanic who just dabbles in car repair, or would you hire a full time mechanic who owns his own shop? Also consider a contractor renting equipment may schedule your job to be done, but then no show when they cannot get the equipment rented for that day which causes scheduling headaches for you, especially if you took the day off work!
Check out the pictures in this ad and you can see the terrain I can work in, not just fields like many bushhog companies!
Why Hire ShadowCat?
- We love doing this work and 95% of our jobs are forestry mulching jobs! Unlike other contractors who claim "x number of years experience" but in reality their experience is in irrigation, lawncare, etc, all 10 years of our experience is in Land Clearing!
- We will work together one on one to get your property to look how you want it. Since David is a one man field operation, there are no separate sales guys one day and a work crew the next. You will talk to Sherri regarding your appointment for work, and David will be on your property doing the work. That's it!
- ShadowCat works 7 days a week - We can work on any day that fits your schedule... and best of all, we do not charge extra for weekend work!
- One on One partnership through entire process! No salesmen or crews... just you and Sherri on the phone, and you and David on your property.
- Worry free - Your vision will be accomplished on the first job, no need to hire a follow on contractor
- Price Protection - Once we agree on price, it doesn't change mid way through the job unless you change the scope of the job. It also doesn't change if you need to wait a month to do the work, we honor our quotes!
- ShadowCat owns it's machine and attachments which means no pass through rental charges, nor do you overpay for large equipment that is too big for the job!
- ShadowCat is not a fly by night company! Be wary of companies that do not own their equipment and do not have experience! A company that dabbles in many businesses including Forestry Mulching is not dedicated to the industry or committed. ShadowCat focuses 95% of business on Forestry Mulching, with the other 5% grapple or grading work after clearing the land. None of our experience is from irrigation, lawn care, sod laying, etc... check contractors service list and see where their experience actually is!
- ShadowCat is licensed with the State of Florida, carries a Volusia county tax business license and carries General Liability insurance! Ask any contractor you talk to if they have a County Business license, most don't. Verify on sunbiz.org if their company is listed and is shown as Active. If these two items are not met, they are not a legitimate business and cannot be carrying insurance as a result.
- We take payment at the end of the job if it is a single day of work. DO NOT give a land clearing company a deposit, that is a huge red flag. There are "companies" out there asking for 25-50% deposits and then they work for an hour before their machine conveniently "breaks down". They will say they will be back in a week or two once the machine is fixed, yet you will never hear from them again. The only time we take money upfront is if the property owner is out of state, or otherwise cannot be on property the day the work is being done.
If you want a dependable, prompt, professional company to work on your property, give us a call or text message by hitting the reply button in this ad. We talk to customers at 7am and even 9:30pm to make sure the process is convenient for you and you don't have to wait until the next day if you think of a question you need to ask
www shadowcatservices com
Other Services Offered:
- Root Raking
- Light Demolition
- Trail Creation & Maintenance
- Fence Lines
- General Maintenance on a schedule
- Fire Mitigation
- Graduated from University of Florida with Bachelor's degree in Criminology
- 22 year career in Computer Software industry
- 10 years Owning/Operating ShadowCat Services, Inc
- Professional, On Time, and Courteous!
Below are some recent quotes from customers. Also check Google Business for reviews!
"We owned a 1 acre undeveloped lot in a subdivision in Seminole County. It had been for sale for over a year with very little interest. We hired Shadow Cat to thin and clear the front of the property so potential buyers could envision their home amongst the trees. Three weeks after Shadow Cat's work, we were under contract. In a word: Amazing!" - Jamee M. Lake Mary, FL
"We knew our recently purchased acreage was special, despite it being incredibly overgrown. We met with Dave at ShadowCat and talked about our desire to thin and sculpt the woods to feel more open and accessible, without losing the feeling of wilderness. Over two weekends, he transformed five acres into a literal wooded paradise. His vision and ability are beyond compare. I cannot recommend him highly enough." - Gilbert M., Sanford, FL
Bobcat, Skid Steer, overgrowth, site clearing, site prep, land clearing, bush hogging, brush hogging, storm, damage, debris, grade, grading, mower, over growth, brush, forestry, fence, fence line, survey, mulching, right of way, Fecon mulcher, Fecon Forestry, Denis Cimaf, Compact Track Loader, bushhogging, demo, demolition, fire line, burn line, brush cutting, Caterpillar, Access Trail, Bush Hog, Roadside Maintenance, Land Management, underbrush, eco-friendly, fire mitigation, deland, daytona beach, ormond beach. new smyrna, deltona, eustis, ocala, fort mccoy, interlachen, crescent city, leesburg, tavares, mt dora, orlando, wedgefield, ocoee, citra, dunnelleon, clermont, apopka, oviedo, kissimmee, st cloud, st augustine, st. augustine, palatka, palm coast, bunnell, hastings, flagler estates, royal trails, melbourne, cocoa, mims, geneva, osteen, titusville, palm bay, bithlo, jacksonville, middleburg, green cove springs, sampson, maitland, sorrento, astor, paisley, altoona, pine lakes, pierson, seville, welaka, volusia county, lake county, orange county, marion county, putnam county, clay county, flagler county, brevard county, osceola county, seminole county, st. johns county, duval county, sumter county