compensation: Competitive hourly rate based on experience employment type: full-time job title: Dock builder
QR Code Link to This Post
DHR is now hiring 2 full-time positions as a dock builder with a general scope in framing and labor. The positions entails installing dock pilings and constructing/repairing residential wood docks. This includes framing, decking and assorted service of marine related materials, i.e coquina rock. Efficiently completing dock service work according to plan, with focus on quality and production, customer service and satisfaction.
Job locations vary based on the project site throughout Volusia County and surrounding areas. MUST have reliable transportation to and from job sites and available to work Monday to Friday, between 6-8 hours a day.
- Perform heavy lifting (minimum of 50 lbs. repeatedly through a work shift) and manual labor tasks as required
- Build and assemble according to specifications
- Uses hardware, such as bolts, washers, rods, lumber, and uses necessary hand tools
- Operates equipment and machinery in a knowledgeable, safe, and effective manner
- Maintain standards of cleanliness and organization in assigned trailers, equipment, jobsites, and shop/yard areas
- Willingness to learn and eagerness to work, great attention to detail and hard-working
- Dependability for work schedule is crucial
- Able to work in various weather conditions including heat, humidity, and rain
- Strong and excellent physical stamina is required
- Experience with building and carpentry work
- Work occasionally from boat, barge, or other marine equipment
- Detail-oriented and effective communication skills
Note: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
Do NOT contact this job poster with unsolicited services or offers.