Halifax Paving, family owned and operated since 1955, has a proven track record of providing high quality asphalt and site work services in the Eastern/Northern Central Florida areas. We are currently seeking an experienced laborer to assist in the maintenance and upkeep of our asphalt plant. This Individual will perform various duties within the plant to ensure operations run smoothly.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Daily maintenance of the asphalt plant; greasing of bearings, adjusting belts
• Routine daily check of fuel levels
• Keep grounds area clean and maintained daily which will require raking, shoveling, sweeping, pressure washing, etc.
• Empty rail cars when material arrives to the rail pit.
• Other duties assigned by supervisor.
• Must have the ability to use good judgement in decision-making and be able to work with or without direct supervision.
• Must demonstrate excellent safety awareness, and a willingness to comply with company policies and safety standards.
• Willing to learn all aspects of the asphalt plant.
• Willing to work nights and weekends, if necessary.
• Welding experience is a plus.
• This job requires the ability to lift, pull, and push a minimum of 50 lbs.
• Working from heights will be required.
• Must be able to bend, stoop, reach, squat, twist and climb heavy equipment throughout the day.
• Must be able to work in a variety of weather conditions.
• Must be able to tolerate exposure to typical noises and smells associated with the plant.
Send resume here or apply in person with Driver's License and Social or birth certificate.
814 Hull Road
Ormond Beach, FL
Our policy is to afford Equal Employment Opportunity to all qualified persons regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, veteran status, marital status, or handicap (except where age, sex, or handicap is a bona fide occupational qualification). The company’s policy is also to provide a drug and alcohol-free work environment.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.