compensation: Compensation will be commensurate with the candidate's experience. employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Cobb Cole, a well-established, multi-attorney firm in Daytona Beach is seeking an experienced Legal Assistant for our office. This is a temporary full time position from December 2nd through March 31, 2020 with the possibility of moving into a permanent, full-time position at the firm. The successful candidate will be responsible for assisting the attorney with all aspects of estate planning and probate matters. This is a temporary full time position with competitive salary and benefits package offered.
Compensation will be commensurate with the candidate's experience.
• Outstanding interpersonal and telephone skills.
• Positive, upbeat personality and an ability to remain calm under pressure.
• Must have exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
• Prior experience in a law firm, preferably in the estate planning field a plus
• Must be able to multitask and prioritize in accordance with changing deadlines and priorities.
• Must be able to work in a team environment.
• Previous experience in a fast paced law office preferred.
• Should have working knowledge of law office procedures and local court rules.
• Must be able to think analytically, take direction well, and work independently
• Extremely detail-oriented and able to prioritize a heavy workload
• Interest in the legal field
• Legal internship experience is a plus
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook)
• Experience with databases and data entry
• Must be well organized, a self-starter with good communications skills
• Must be able to lift 25 pounds
• Keeps matters organized by establishing and organizing files; monitoring attorney calendars; meeting deadlines; documenting actions; inputting information into file database and case management software; confirming case status with Attorney.
• Ensures attorney has everything they need before, during and after client meetings. This includes but is not limited to looking up information, printing out forms, making copies of documents for prospective and/or clients during meetings, mailing documents, scanning, editing, filing, and logging expenses.
• Handle and distribute incoming and outgoing mail, FedEx and UPS packages.
• Assist in organizing and preparing closed files for storage.
If your background and experience align with these qualifications and you want to advance your career with a leading law firm, please apply online.
Our professional staff plays an important role in the firm's continued growth and success. We offer competitive compensation, outstanding benefits, opportunities for advancement and a collaborative, friendly firm environment.
For immediate consideration for this opportunity qualified candidates should forward their resume ASAP.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers